Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Seattle Sketching #2. After Bumbershoot.

One page from Bumbershoot, then on to just hanging around Seattle for a while.  I went to the Henry Art Museum on Tuesday.  They had some good stuff, including a sound art room, populated by these very simple plywood seats for listeners to sit and contemplate the sounds.  I liked them very much.  They were simple yet comfortable.

A love seat version...

Then, on to lunch at the Big Time brewery and Ale house on University Ave.  One of my favorites.

Lunch sketch...

Later I intended to visit the new Museum of History and Industry, but there was not enough time.  But, the day was wonderful so I lingered outside the cafe, with a coffee and sketched the scenes of the Sea-Planes coming into South Lake Union.
Wednesday evening I met with a friend at Brouwers Cafe, a local super-beer ale house and tasted some Goose Island Bourbon County Stouts and Ales.  This was my taster set!  Glad I had help. those little stouts were powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment