Sunday, September 28, 2014

More Sunday Drawings: UW figure group.

Sunday Sept. 28.  Figure drawing at the UW figure group. 
Our model was Sharon, emphasis on the o.

I really like this group, it was my third Sunday in a row.  I don't know many of the artists, but everyone is friendly, engaged in their art, and most are regulars.  They switch moderators every other week, and they mix up the pose times, sometime leaning too much on quick gestures but not as much as at the Art/Not Terminal sessions.  One moderator plays better music than the other, but both are quiet enough that my iPod can sustain me just fine if I don't like it.  Hey, at least there is music!  It's not like drawing at the UC session in kroeber hall in that regard.

Guess I really just like the room, it feels like art school.  I liked this model a lot, when she started out her facial expressions were so severe I was not sure she was really enjoying herself but I guess that is just how she works.  Between sessions she was very chatty and pleasant and knew most of the artists well.
2 min gesture.

2 min gesture.

2 min gesture.

2 min gesture.

2 min gesture. Sharon brought along this large terracotta bowl, which seemed mysterious at the beginning yet became a miraculous prop!

2 min gesture. Washes added later.

2 min gesture. Washes added later.

2 min gesture. Washes added later.

2 min gesture.

2 min gesture.

2 min gesture. And yes, this pose was as much fun to draw as it looks!


2 min gesture.

2 min gesture.

5 minutes. I will get around to adding some washes eventually...

5 minutes.

5 minutes.

15 minutes. One of my favorites.

last pose, three 20 minute periods.  1st 20 mins.

last pose, three 20 minute periods.  2nd 20 mins.

last pose, three 20 minute periods.  3rd 20 mins. I almost did not do this drawing, I contemplated leaving early because I did not feel like there was anything I could get, plus I had a ticket for the Mariners game and did not want to be too late.  Man, I am glad I stayed and kept drawing.  This is one of my favorites from the day!  Made it to the  Mariners game by the 4th inning, all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment