Monday, September 15, 2014

Here is another set of Seattle Sketches.  Over several days I visited some of my favorite places, the Elliot Bay book store, Elysian Brewing on Pike, the Fry Art Museum, and some new places, such as the Elliot Bay Brewing co. Public House in Lake City.  
My favorite beer of the trip so far, Punkuccino Coffee Stout.

My post Punkuccino taster set.  Sadly, mostly sours that I did not care for.

Broken beer glass! The bartender made this display for me to sketch, before it was thrown away.

Later, at the Elliot Bay Public House...with my good pal Dave Adams, of Seattle Sketch Pistols, of course.

A tasty Red.

Interesting combination of Flag imagery and Taxidermy.

Again, a politically loaded Flag reference, outstanding!

When your rare and expensive Animal Rug has grown tired of you walking on it!


Later I took a walk down town, passing this homeless encampment under the I-5 Freeway.

Samuel Beckett.  A play of his is in production so his image is everywhere.  I have always enjoyed drawing his face, so craggy.

A ferry sketch, and some faces on the ferry, mostly one woman who's face I would have loved to sketch more carefully.

As the sun goes down...

Added some tone to an earlier sketch from the Henry.

Sittin' at Brouwers Cafe. An over priced, overstuffed Beer bar in Fremont.  They are more than a little full of themselves there.

Later, at the newish Outlander Pub, also fremont.

Sunday, while (not) enjoying watching the Seahawks vs the Chargers, at Big Time Brewing, University Dist.

This guy had a great face for portraiture!  I would have loved to have had a real drawing session with him.

A signature Big Time wall.

Ultra quickie of the Mountain beyond the Port of Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment