Friday, October 16, 2009

Sketch Pistols Seattle!

Check out our brother Sketch Pistols in Seattle! The Seattle chapter is organized by Dave Adams, a former Bay Area artist who was there with us from day 1, sketching and drinking our way through the bay area. http://sketchpistols.com/

Dave and I met up for a Sketch Pistols session Wednesday, Sept 24th, to draw Nikki and Kiko, a Bossa Nova musical act that is a friend of the Pistols.
We met at the Fireside room in the Sorrento Hotel in Seattle. At left is Dave's rendition of Kiko. it was the guitarists last gig with Nikki before departing for Brazil.


Here is my drawing of the band.
















The Fireside room has quite the ceiling! I gave it my best drunken go.









I was staying across the sound and sailed on the Bremerton Ferry there and back. I continued my drawing efforts while on both boats. Left is on the way to Seattle, the other is while on the way back.


















I was tired and feeling more introspective and so concentrated on the issue of the Seattle Weekly that was in front of me. the Helga pictures were always my favorite works of Andrew Weyth.

No comments:

Post a Comment