Friday, October 16, 2009

Good god, I'm blogging!


Hi everybody. This is the new blog site for the original Sketch Pistols! The sketch Pistols were, are, a group of artists (Students then, Professionals now) intent on reflecting their world through their sketchbooks and the art of Reportage. We started out in 1987, or maybe even 1986, I honestly cannot remember! I started this as a Friday evening and Sunday afternoon drawing group because I really wanted to draw and I wanted to draw with my friends around me. On Fridays we would go to a cafe or bar, to draw our surroundings, ourselves and others, or whatever came to mind. We were active from 1986-1991, with sporadic activities since. I hope to add a huge archive of drawings done by all of the participating artists over the years. Recently we have been reawakening to the urges to draw, and draw a lot! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment