Friday, October 16, 2009

SEATTLE SKETCH PISTOLS VISITS THE DRAY.


Wednesday Dave and I took in a figure drawing session at the Gage Academy and then went out to have a drink or two and continue drawing on location. We decided on The Dray.
The Dray is a great little beer tap in Ballard, very small, wood themed and very well run. A "dray" is apparently a term from Ireland that means a squirrel's nest, thus the woody decor.
There we enjoyed some great beers and some great music, both provided by our lovely bartender, Natasha.


My first drawing was fairly steady, while the second one, a little under the influence, flowed a little easier, we shall say! Look for the eye drawn by our bartender. Thanks Natasha!


Earlier, I drew while on the Boat from Bremerton. It was the afternoon boat, so a lot of people were napping.


On the boat home, taking the Bainbridge ferry because I stayed out later than the last boat to Bremerton, I drew these masks that are a part of the decoration of that particular boat.


I will add Dave's drawing when I can get it from him. Look to the Seattle chapter as well.

1 comment:

  1. That top drawing of Natasha and the Dray...that's just awesome. I was there folks and in like 20 minutes he had very accurately reproduced her likeness from behind, freehand. Freehand. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete